Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Update

So I had my prenatal appointment today. I will be 15 weeks on Thursday. I have only gained a pound but my jeans are starting to get tight! 2 weeks ago the midwife had some trouble finding and keeping the heartbeat, so I didn't get to hear it. That was hard b/c with Connor they always found it so quick and I heard it every time. This time around she still had to look for it for awhile and said she may have to do an ultrasound which, scared me a little b/c I didn't want her to HAVE to do an ultrasound but hey, any time you can get a picture of the baby would be great. Well at the last minute she found the little stinker and we all heard a good strong heartbeat!! She said that it's very possible that I have an anterior placenta b/c she could hear that very easy but she had such a hard time getting the baby. I feel so much better and more relaxed now. It has been hard to go this long with out hearing or seeing our little one. But she said that everything seemed to be going well and the heartbeat was nice and strong so I don't have another appointment for 6 weeks when they will do the 20 week ultrasound. Now don't get too excited....Paul and I have decided not to find out if we are having a boy or a girl, so we will all have to wait till May for that news! But we will have baby pictures to post right before Christmas!! Yeah! It feels so good to be in my second trimester. I am still having some nausea, especially in the evenings but nothing I can't handle. I may have to bust out the maternity jeans by Christmas though, especially after Thanksgiving :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Baby Whitford is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Glad to hear that good news. We found out what we are having and it's a little girl this time. Very excited about that, but either way I would of been happy. :) Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete